Legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps:
Company 1333 – Camp S-63, Poe Valley
The Centre County Historical Society is pleased to partner with the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and William Marcum, research authority on the Poe Valley CCC Camp to invite the public to attend a day long program about the Civil Conservation Corps. The program will take place in the quiet mountain valley that surrounds Poe Lake, a perfect place for a family day.
This is an event for everyone and all ages. CCC veterans, sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, nieces, nephews, extended family members, CCC history buffs, local historians, are encouraged to attend and bring your CCC stories, questions and step back in time!
- 10:30–10:40 a.m. Welcome (Tracy Zupich, Park manager, DCNR )
- 10:40–10:50 a.m. Introduction of Veterans
- 10:50–11:35 a.m. CCC Company 1333, Camp S-63 Introduction (By Jack Yarnall, current property owner & Historian, Bill Marcum)
- 11:35–12:00 p.m. TBD
- 12:00–12:45 p.m. Free Lunch (same menu served in camp) Click here to RSVP for lunch or call (814) 234-4779.
- 12:45–1:15 p.m. TBD
- 1:15–2:15 p.m. CCC Company 1333, Camp S-63 History (By Historian, Bill Marcum)
- 2:30–2:40 p.m. Showing of Camp S-63 Motion Picture dated July 1936
- 2:40–3:30 p.m. CCC Company 1333, Camp S-63 History (By Historian, Bill Marcum)
- 3:30–4:00 p.m. Visit to CCC Constructed, Fire Tower Watchers Cabin or CCC Officers Cabin