Together we can make a difference! Your gift of $25 or more helps the Centre County Historical Society compete for a larger share of the $200,000 stretch pool provided by the Centre Foundation and Hamer Foundation, as well as qualify for additional prize money!
Have you done one of the following with the Centre County Historical Society?
- Sat in on any of our intriguing history presentations
- Listened to one of Katie O’Toole’s history podcasts about Centre County
- Visited our exhibitions
- Attended the Old House Fair in Bellefonte
- Toured or led tours at the Centre Furnace Mansion or the Boogersburg School
- Joined as a member
- Donated an artifact to be preserved for future generations to learn from
- Gardened or strolled in the Mansion’s period inspired gardens
- Polished silver or cleaned other artifacts
- Cataloged artifacts
- Served as an intern or student volunteer
- Worked on our library collections
- Written an article for our newsletter or other publication
- Joined hands with others around the special Historic Sycamore tree at the Mansion
- Volunteered during a day of service at the Mansion or the Schoolhouse or other site
- Purchased holiday gifts at the Stocking Stuffer Antiques, Art and Fine Craft Sale
- Attended the CCC Legacy Day at Poe Valley State Park
- Purchased plants from the Plant Celebration
- Contributed time speaking at one of our many programs
- Helped with or contributed to property maintenance projects at the Mansion or Schoolhouse
This is the short list of activities at the Centre County Historical Society. If you have participated in these or other ways, you probably already know that we work collaboratively with local, regional, county and state organizations and individuals to help preserve and promote Centre County’s historic, cultural, and natural resources.
There are many items on the daily do list to make the Centre Furnace Mansion, the Boogersburg School and the activities at these sites and beyond available to the public. Your donations help us to accomplish these mission goals. If you’re not familiar with CCHS, there’s no opportunity like Centre Gives to join us on our great adventure in discovering, preserving, and disseminating the rich and unique story of Centre County.
HELP US SURPASS OUR $15,000 GOAL!
OPEN HOUSE AT THE CENTRE FURNACE MANSION
An open house at the Centre Furnace Mansion will be held on TUESDAY, MAY 9 @ 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Assistance with online giving, Mansion tours, refreshments and fragrant spring flowers in the gardens will be abundant.
Since 2012 when Centre Gives began, it has benefitted over 150 local charities throughout Centre County, enhancing services across many interest areas – arts, animals, education, environment, and health & social services – and investing more than $4,000,000 in donations, prizes, and stretch pool funds into our community.